Multinational corporations (MNCs) face communication challenges on a daily basis. Increasingly, so do other organizations. There are several components of multicultural communication skills and cultural diversity training which apply to companies and organizations throughout the U.S. At ECCO International we help our clients:
- Understand cultural protocols for business and social situations;
- Examine key factors responsible for international success or failure;
- Define traits and skills necessary for individual and corporate cross-cultural effectiveness;
- Increase understanding and appreciation of cultural differences to strengthen relationships, build trust and establish mutual respect;
- Work effectively on multicultural and geographically dispersed teams;
- Develop a strategic action plan for improved individual and corporate international business operations.
Understanding Multicultural Diversity
Today’s employees are driven to excel by respect and an understanding of their background. At ECCO we know this. The “golden rule” is not enough. It’s not enough to treat people how you want to be treated. At ECCO we apply the “platinum rule” – treat people as they want to be treated. You can accomplish this within your established business disciplines and philosophies.
Since 1989 we have been helping organizations and Fortune 500 companies with their multicultural and diversity needs. We offer:
- Comprehensive services for our clients at any stage of diversity inclusiveness;
- A wide variety of learning techniques are utilized so interventions can be customized to suit each client’s needs;
- Assessments and surveys to measure employee engagement and other pertinent aspects of employee attitudes and attributes.
Hello there! Bonjour! Nî hâo! Shalom! Aloha! Guten Tag! Konnichiwa! Buon giorno! Hei! ¡Buenos días! There are thousands of ways to say hello – many of them spoken in the United States. Our nation, always a nation of immigrants, is increasingly becoming multicultural.
In the 2010 Census, more than one-third of the U.S. population reported their race and ethnicity as something other than non-Hispanic White. The total population is projected to become majority-minority in 2043.
ECCO International’s Diversity Premise
Human behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs around diversity issues are so deeply rooted, complex, and subtly ingrained that both organizations and individuals need to be engaged in a trusting (non-shaming/non-blaming), long-term, strategic, educational diversity change process.
ECCO International’s Guiding Principles
At ECCO we believe that corporate diversity efforts are:
- Fully inclusive;
- A long-term strategic process, not a check-off activity or corporate program;
- Driven by the bottom line;
- Driven from the top with buy-in at all levels;
- Complementary of all other corporate initiatives and programs;
- Emphasized at both the organization and individual levels;
- Promoted through learning events, change opportunities, and interventions;
- Designed to be a non-shaming/non-blaming educational process that focuses on individual workplace behavior;
- Quite simply, the right thing to do.
ECCO International | Experienced – Energized – Effective
We would be happy to provide you with a free initial consultation or proposal. If you need a leadership development or diversity training speaker, please either call us at (651) 636-0838 or send us an email. We look forward to working with you.