ECCO International Principal
Amy Tolbert, Ph.D., CSP, is principal of Effecting Creative Change in Organizations (ECCO International), which specializes in increasing individuals’ productivity and organizations’ profitability through e-learning, technology and facilitated learning.
Develops multicultural organizations and individuals by bringing you cutting-edge topics, such as, multicultural and diversity initiatives, leadership competency development, managing to style, and creating breakthrough teams.
- Addressing diversity and multicultural issues, cross-cultural training, and managing a diverse workforce, Dr. Tolbert has researched multicultural competencies needed for today’s global organization. She has authored several books, some translated and distributed in Saudi Arabia and China.
- Presents nationally and internationally at the International Human Resource Development Organization Conference; the International Management Development Organization; the “Quality Workforce,” a national conference co-sponsored by ASTD; the SIETAR International Convention; the Multicultural Forum; the Summer Institute for Intercultural Communication, and at the National Speakers Association (NSA) National Convention on diversity.
- Served several terms as National Vice Chair for the Professional Expertise Group on Diversity with NSA. She served as President for NSA-MN (2009-2010) and also serves on the hrconnection Advisory Board.
- Earned her Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation with NSA. The CSP is the speaking profession’s international measure of experience and skill. Fewer than 10 percent of the speakers who belong to the International Federation for Professional Speakers hold this professional designation.
- Published by Pfeiffer, she has contributed a chapter in the recently published book, Developing Talent for Organizational Results: Training Tools from the Best in the Field.
- Authored a video training program, Open Mind, Open World: Improving Intercultural Interactions, which includes leader guides and video clips so you can customize your own series of global education workshops.
- Consults and trains internationally in the areas of multicultural competency development, increasing influence in organizations, managing within a diverse workforce, motivation and leadership skills. Her diverse client list includes Comcast, USBank, McDonald’s, AT&T, 3M, Best Buy, Mayo Clinic, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of MN, BlackBox, United Way, Ford Motor Company, Gucci, Becton-Dickinson and King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Fellow, Carlson Executive Education Center, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
Doctorate in Human Resource Development, focusing on international/cross-cultural and diversity education/training, University of Minnesota
Adjunct faculty for several annual programs at Carlson Executive Education and presents in the Executive-MBA program
Contact ECCO International to learn more
We would be happy to provide you with a free initial consultation or proposal. Please either call us at (651) 636-0838 or contact us via email. We look forward to working with you.